As a blind female, I’ve received my fair share of questions regarding menstruation. In this video, I seek to address some of the more basic queries I’ve gotten in a matter-of-fact manner that doesn’t go into too much detail on the aspects of this topic nobody wants to hear about. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. If you’d like to see a more in depth video where I delve a bit deeper into this topic, I’ll definitely consider that as well.
Video: I Experience Colors Primarily Through Senses Other Than Sight
I Experience Colors Primarily ThroughSenses Other Than Sight
How do I experience colors? 5 percent through remembered images, 95 percent through my other senses. Taste, scent and texture all play a role in how my mind interprets colors today.
If you’re #blind, comment below and share how you experience colors in your everyday life! I’d love to hear from others on this topic.
Video: The Parenting With Disabilities Tag
Parenting with disabilities is not always what it seems to the outside world. In this video, I answer many of the questions I’ve received as a blind parent, all of them compiled into the Parenting With Disabilities tag. Even if you yourself haven’t been tagged, if you want to complete it, please do! Link back to this video if you’d like to, but definitely comment with a link to your own response, written, audio recorded or filmed, so I can enjoy your answers.
Parenting With Disability Tag Questions
1. Was becoming a parent intentional for you?
2. What would you say is the most challenging part about being a disabled parent?
3. Was there ever a point where you doubted you could cope due to your disability?
4. Were your friends and family supportive of your choice to become a parent?
5. Do you use any specialized equipment to make parenting tasks easier?
6. Did child services ever get involved in your parenting journey?
7. What is one pro of parenting with a disability?
8. What is one con of parenting with a disability?
9. Do you find it easy or difficult to connect with non-disabled parents?
10. What are some values you’ve taught your children that you feel stem from your disability?
11. Do you talk to your children about your disability?
12. If your children are school aged, do you find school staff to be comfortable and open-minded about your disability?
13. Have your children ever displayed embarrassment about your disability? If so, how did you handle it?
14. Depending on your childrens’ ages, what stage of development presented the least number of disability-related challenges?
15. Were you ever frightened by the prospect of your child inheriting your disability?
16. Are there aspects of parenting with a disability you feel would be less fulfilling without one?
17. Do you encourage your child to assist you with tasks your disability renders more challenging?
18. In what ways, if any, does your child interact with you differently due to your disability?
19. What lessons have you learned through parenting with a disability?
20. What advice would you offer a disabled individual who is considering becoming a parent?
Video: October YouTuber Of The Month
Everyone deserves to be heard. I began this YouTuber Of The Month series because I wanted to share with you the content creators I find a lot of value in watching.
Birthday Celebration Video! The YouTuber Interview Tag
Here’s a second upload for the week; it’s my way of celebrating my birthday with you beautiful Treasures. I’ve chosen to complete the YouTuber Interview Tag since I posted a tag video for my last birthday upload.