Welcome, everyone, and thank you so much for being interested enough in my blog to stop by and see what it is all about.
My name is Sirena, and I am, first and foremost aside from a mother, an aspiring motivational speaker. This blog is where that career will begin. Eventually, I intend to create a podcast and a Youtube channel, but until I learn Reaper and figure out the visual challenges of becoming a Youtuber while blind, this is where the magic will occur.
This blog is me. It will encompass all aspects of my life, from the day to day of being a blind individual in a sighted world, to the deeper emotional contemplations I am prone to. I am a complex person, and not all aspects of who I am and how I must live are aspects people will agree with or understand, but that is why I am here. Not only do I wish to document my life and my growth because I genuinely enjoy it, but I would like to educate others on those things that bring people up short with a mental, “Wait, what?” I want to inspire, I want to educate, and I want to show you that life can be blissful even with limitations that terrify a large portion of the world.
In no particular order, this is a snapshot of who I am.
- I am a blind individual.
- I am an aspiring motivational speaker.
- I am an aspiring guide dog user.
- I am a blogger.
- I am a mother.
- I am an Avon representative.
- I am a PTA volunteer.
- I am a Girl Scout troop leader.
- I am an aspiring Youtuber.
- I am an aspiring podcaster.
- I am studying braille transcription.
- I am a student at the Hadley Institute For The Blind and Visually Impaired.
- I am an aspiring Ebay seller.
- I am an aspiring voiceover artist
What does it all mean?
- I aspire to a lot.
- I am one busy woman.
- I travel around my community on a regular basis.
- I enjoy many different pursuits.
- I do not allow blindness to keep me from completing the tasks any other mother might perform within her community. Save perhaps carpooling.
- If something speaks out to me, I will find a way to make it happen.
- I like lists.
Most tutorials I’ve read advise that in order to be a successful blogger, the writer should stick to one topic; this always makes me shake my head, not only because I am a multi-faceted individual, but because I would get bored writing about the same thing constantly. So, while this might not read like a six-figure earning blog, I hope it will find its own audience in those who want to see life unfolding, the good, the bad, the triumphs and failures, the beautiful, the ugly and the real.